Effective May 12th, 2019.
ExpertExplorers.com is committed to the security and privacy of your Personal Data. Personal Data is defined here as data that can be used solely, or in conjunction with other data, to identify a living individual, such as name, email address, etc.
- What information we collect and how we collect it
- How this information is used
- How long the information is retained
- Who we share data with and how
- What we do to protect that information
- How you can access and control your information
- Additional specific EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements
Information we collect and how we collect it
- Users can visit the Site anonymously. When you visit the website, your Internet Protocol (IP) address (anonymization), browser type, operating system, date and time stamps, referring and exiting pages, and clickstream data may be collected automatically through our data analytics provider.
- When you register for the Site, subscribe to the mailing list, enter information into the Site, or send us information, we collect the information you volunteer via webforms and other means. This may include but is not limited to name, email address, password, and website address.
EU Residents: By volunteering Personal Data you are providing a legal basis of Consent.
How this information is used
- Information, such as cookies, verifies your identity if you are registered and had previously logged into the Site.
- To improve our end user’s experience, we use data collected to customize content and information presented, such as advertisements, and improve the design of the website.
- When you register for the Site, this gives a higher level of access to the Site such as the ability to leave comments.
- When you subscribe and opt-in to the email list, you may receive a newsletter, and/or other informational or promotional materials.
- Data collected is also used to track web traffic in order to perform analysis on usage and trends over time.
Information collected is used to enforce the Terms and Conditions of this Site.
How long is information retained
- User name, name, email address, and passwords collected when registering for the Site are retained until the user account is removed.
- Name, and email address collected when subscribing to the mailing list is retained until you unsubscribe from the mailing list.
- Emails sent to us via the Contact Us form or from another medium will be retained for one year, unless there is a legal requirement or is in relation to a legal matter.
- If you post a comment on the website, the comment and associated data may be retained indefinitely or until the comment is removed from the website.
- Any data that is kept for purposes of analysis after an account has been removed will be anonymized, this data may be kept indefinitely.
Who we share data with and how
This Site uses Third Party partners that we do not control to manage and process data.
- We use an Email Communication Manager for our email subscriber list and email marketing. You can opt-out of our mailing list at any time by clicking “unsubscribe” in the email or by using our Unsubscribe page.
What we do to protect that information
- We use a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate to establish an encrypted link between your web browser and our web server. To check this, in the URL or Address Bar you will notice there is a padlock followed by HTTPS which looks like the following.
This tells you that your connection to the site is secured, however; if your browser says there is a warning, such as a certificate error, then you should take caution in using the site.
- We are located in the United States, all data collected is stored in the US.
- We maintain security standards on our servers.
How you can access and control your information
Requests can be submitted via our Contact Us page. Include your name and email address(es) so we can efficiently locate your data.
- You can request we provide an export of the personally identifiable information we hold about you.
- If you are registered on the Site, you can log in to your account and update your information at any time. Alternatively, you can request that we edit incorrect information we hold on you.
- Under certain circumstances, you can request that we erase the personally identifiable information we hold about you. This does not include any data or information we hold about you which we are required to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
You can opt-out of our mailing list at any time by clicking “unsubscribe” in the email or by using our Unsubscribe page.
Additional specific EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements
As an EU resident, the GDPR law grants you the following rights:
- The right of access – upon request, we will supply you with an export of the personally identifiable information we hold about you.
- The right to rectification – upon request, we will amend or fix an incorrect data we hold about you.
- The right to erasure – upon request, we will erase certain personally identifiable information we hold about you.
- The right to restrict processing – upon request, we will restrict certain types of processing of your personally identifiable information for certain periods of time..
- The right to data portability – upon request, we will supply you with an export of the personally identifiable information we hold about you.
- The right to object – you may object to how we use your data and can unsubscribe from direct marketing at any time.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making – This site does not profile for decision making