Effective Octover 4th, 2020.
ExpertExplorers.com is committed to the security and privacy of your Personal Data. Personal Data is defined here as data that can be used solely, or in conjunction with other data, to identify a living individual, such as name, email address, etc.
- What information we collect, how we collect it and how it is used
- How long the information is retained
- Who we share data with and how
- What we do to protect that information
- How you can access and control your information
- Additional specific EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements
Information we collect, how we collect it, and how it is used
- Volunteered/Submitted Information: When you register or enter information to the Site, subscribe to the mailing list, or send us information, we collect the information you volunteer via webforms and other means (which may be a Third-Party). Data may include, but is not limited to, name, email address, and website address.
EU Residents: By volunteering Personal Data you are providing a legal basis of Consent.
- When you subscribe for content and opt-in to the email list, you may receive a newsletter, and/or other informational or promotional materials.
- When you comment, you may receive an email response, or additional notifications on subsequent comment responses. Your comment may be displayed on the website.
- When you send us materials or user content voluntarily, this material may be published or utilized at our discretion. For further details, please see our Terms And Conditions for User-Generated Content.
- Data Analytics: When you visit the website, your anonymized Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, operating system, date and time stamps, referring and exiting pages, and clickstream data may be collected automatically through our data analytics provider. Anonymized analytical data is collected to understand traffic patterns and site usage. We use data analytics for continuous improvement of the site.
Information shared with us by Third Parties
Occasionally, third party sites may share information they have collected on you with us. This may be a profile picture or other personal data. We only use the information provided for purposes relevant to the operation of the Site.
How long is information retained
- User name, name, email address, and passwords collected when registering for the Site are retained until the user account is removed.
- Subscriber data collected is retained until you unsubscribe from the mailing list.
- If you post a comment on the website, the comment and associated data may be retained indefinitely or until the comment is removed from the website.
- Emails sent to us via the Contact Us form or from another medium may be retained indefinitely, unless there is a legal requirement or is in relation to a legal matter.
- Any data that is kept for purposes of analysis will be anonymized, this data may be kept indefinitely.
Who we share data with and how
We use an Email Communication Manager, MailerLite, for our email subscriber list and email marketing. You can opt-out of our mailing list at any time by clicking “unsubscribe” in the email or by using our Unsubscribe page.
We use CloudFlare as a global proxy cache to speed up site loading. User Generated data, such as submitted images or comments, may be cached as part of this process.
What we do to protect that information
We use a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate to establish an encrypted link between your web browser and our web server. To check this, in the URL or Address Bar you will notice there is a padlock followed by HTTPS which looks like the following.
This tells you that your connection to the site is secured, however; if your browser says there is a warning, such as a certificate error, then you should take caution in using the site.
We utilize a web hosting provider to store the website data and make the Site available to the public.
- We are located in the United States, and our servers are located in the US.
- Our hosting provider maintains security standards on our servers.
How you can access and control your information
Requests can be submitted via our Contact Us page. Include your name and email address(es) so we can efficiently locate your data.
If you have never submitted your email address to us, we are unlikely to have any Personally Identifiable Information (PII) on you.
- You can request we provide an export of the personally identifiable information we hold about you.
- If you are registered with a user name and password to access the Site, you can log in to your account and update your information at any time. Alternatively, you can request that we edit incorrect information we hold on you. This does not include any data or information we hold about you which we are required to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- Under certain circumstances, you can request that we erase the personally identifiable information we hold about you. This does not include any data or information we hold about you which we are required to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
You can opt-out of our mailing list at any time by clicking “unsubscribe” in the email or by using our Unsubscribe page.
Additional specific EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements
As an EU resident, the GDPR law grants you the following rights:
- The right of access – upon request, we will supply you with an export of the personally identifiable information we hold about you.
- The right to rectification – upon request, we will amend or fix an incorrect data we hold about you. This does not include any data or information we hold about you which we are required to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- The right to erasure – upon request, we will erase certain personally identifiable information we hold about you. This does not include any data or information we hold about you which we are required to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- The right to restrict processing – upon request, we will restrict certain types of processing of your personally identifiable information for certain periods of time.
- The right to data portability – upon request, we will supply you with an export of the personally identifiable information we hold about you.
- The right to object – you may object to how we use your data and can unsubscribe from direct marketing at any time.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making – This site does not profile for decision making.